with world-class technologies. There are many technologies that have stayed relevant for several years. One of them is indisputably Java – the time-honored technology with the iconic steaming cup-of-coffee logo. Java development services are highly popular worldwide because of the language’s advanced strengths that help businesses grow and achieve their goals.
Java is a general-purpose and object-oriented programming language created for software development across various platforms. The language is platform-independent and free to access. Java is especially famous for its simplicity, security, and legacy. It has maintained a formidable presence spanning over 20 years. Today, Java is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world. It keeps growing strong and it’s more versatile and powerful than most of the existing programming languages.
It is used for desktop, web, mobile, and enterprise apps, following the Write Once Run Anywhere approach. It’s not only a language but an ecosystem of tools covering almost everything you may need for development. This includes JDK (Java Development Kit for writing and running Java code), JRE (Java Runtime Environment – software distribution tool), and IDE (Integrated Development Environment – tools that help developers run, edit, and compile the code).
The language had its beginnings in the early 1990s when the Sun Microsystems team started developing a better version of C++. They created a new language, and its name was picked from dozens of others yelled out in the meeting room.
The logo is a symbol of the programmers’ obsession with caffeine or associations with java, synonymous with coffee. Today, Java can be found anywhere you look. It’s a primary language for Android development. As of 2022, Java is among the top most commonly used programming languages – over 33% of developers state that they use it.
Java enables fast and secure app development and deployment. At LIKI, we mainly use Java for:
Building robust Android applications.
Creating software products and custom solutions – Java is perfect for building and maintaining complex enterprise solutions.
Point of Scale systems – Java allows for building complex solutions that enable our clients to track the buying and selling of their products in various markets and online platforms.
Big data solutions – Java programming language plays a vital role in helping handle the massive amount of data.
The last few years have shown that Java works great in various industries. At LIKI, we have used Java in:
Banking and finance – Java is great for payment systems, voucher apps, third-party payment integrations, financial statistics platforms, data warehousing, as well as the development of enterprise software.
Lifestyle applications. It includes healthcare apps, retail systems, wellness software, booking management, and customer management apps.
Tourism. We have used Java to build property management systems and booking engines, as well as customer relationship management.
eCommerce – registration systems, ordering apps, third-party payment integrations, shipping integrations, GDPR compliance, and data analysis.
Java was created for building powerful and stable business applications. This is why it has been keeping rocking the IT world:
1. It’s object-oriented. This means you can easily reuse objects in other programs. Object-oriented programming prevents errors as it has objects that hide some information that shouldn’t be accessed easily. Also, the development process is more organized and pre-planned. Finally, OOP offers simple maintenance and legacy code modernization.
2. Java is perfect for enterprise computing. It supports a plethora of libraries that help us create any function your business may need.
3. Platform-independency. Java has outstanding cross-platform capabilities (Write Once Run Everywhere) which means you can create a Java program, compile it to bytecode, and run the app on any other platform that supports a Java Virtual Machine.
4. Java platform is highly secure which makes Java-based apps unbreachable.
5. It handles multi-threading processes. Simply speaking, the language can handle hundreds of programming processes at a single time. It doesn’t hang or have glitches created.
6. The language is economical and easy to maintain. It can run on any JVM. You don’t need to spend extra money on setting up specialized environments for executing Java programs.
7. It’s adaptable, strong, and stable. Since it’s a portable language, the same code can be easily used on mobile and desktop web applications. The app can seamlessly run on both small and large devices.
8. It has a good source code editor which allows developers to write code quickly and rapidly. The editor comes with an in-built debugger feature that helps identify the specific features in the code line that may halt the execution of the entire program.
We’ve been working with Java for many years now. In our Java development portfolio, you will find the following services:
We know our craft when it comes to bespoke web and app development. We are a team of experienced developers, UI/UX designers, QA engineers, and project managers who are ready to deliver qualitative results to your business. We can join your project at any time, no matter if you need an on-site team working together with your in-house IT department, or one-time remote support for a complex project.
We’re flexible and always ready to create a tailor-made offer that suits your needs perfectly. We guarantee transparent and clear communication and timely delivery and quality development tools. If you are looking for a one-stop solution for all Java development services, LIKI is right there for you to cater to your needs.
We start with a workshop – a short discovery phase. During this step, we get familiar with you, your business, and your needs to make sure we understand your idea properly. When we collect and analyze your needs, we estimate the scope of work, time, and cost.
We spend time designing and prototyping the best solution. We cover all necessary functionalities and create mockups or MVPs if needed. We make sure that all necessary functionality is included in the final product.
We decide on the technology stack and start building iteratively. At any stage of the coding phase, you have access to a live dev environment.
We run a series of tests (unit testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing) and go live once everything is just as it should be.
We also provide maintenance services – software development is never totally over, after all.
Digital Value Manager
We will answer all your questions and find the best solution for your project.